Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's not that St. Cyril hates me, it's that I'm cursed.

The story linked below will most likely appear, in some form or another, in the tome that is the goal of the Cold War kids' project (which, by the way, I'm seeking a name better than "The Cold War kids' project" for, so if you have an idea for the name of an apolitical book about children's experiences on both sides of the iron curtain during the cold war, please feel free to suggest them. Be forewarned that I will likely forget who suggested it unless you post it here un-anonymously, i.e. with your real name).

It partially explains, or gives a somewhat implausable excuse for, why I can't speak a lick of Russian after trying to learn it for 5 years. It also is a vignette from my experiences as a child during the cold war.

Why I Can't Learn Russian, and Why I'm Afraid to Go Back to France

No comments: